Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Sides

 I'm cutting the black on white side triangles for another Scrap Slab Triangle quilt or two. Here are some of the fabrics I have chosen.

I cut them into big strips first.

This scallop print is fun. It almost look like bald men wearing tiny spectacles. Or upside down chandeliers.

So I cut my side triangles, and stack them in this plastic bin. That way I can move them around easily.


My students were surprised when I told them that for the Snow Day quilt, I did not sew the side triangles on the blocks until I finished laying out the colored triangles. Then I placed the side triangles one at a time. I wanted the patterns to be evenly distributed and I didn't want too many darks together or too many lights together. I'll do that with the next quilt.

If you want to make a scrap slab triangle quilt of your own, you can find my tutorial for sale in my Etsy shop, here.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Black on white and bald men with specs, so true. Lovely way to have the slabs cut and stored.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Bespectacled bald men - what a good morning giggle!!

Quilty Constance said...

I'm enjoying my box of selvages from you. Love your fabric choices!

Ann said...

Lovely collection of black on white fabrics. Good eyes to spot the bald men.guess you don’t need your spectacles. Ha.