Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Snowy Day

What do you do when you're staying home because you are supposed to get 16-24" (41-61 cm) of snow? The New York Times has a complete list you can read about here. As for me...

You bake cookies. I like these Salted Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies.

You work on a quilt. Here I am sewing the binding on the Peppermint Swirl quilt.

You watch TV. I'm a tennis fan, and will be watching the matches at Indian Wells in California. As I write this I am watching the reruns from last night. These matches will take place later today.

Speaking of Snow Days...

When I was in California we had dinner with my brother, who was driving up to Yosemite from Mexico. I was showing him photos of my recent quilts and he said if he didn't have this one, Triangle Dance, he would ask for my newest, Snow Day, which he really liked.

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Sounds like a great day. Enjoy the respite!

Unknown said...

I'd like a sew.... Oops, snow day. ☺️

Quiltdivajulie said...

We had almost an inch of snow late last week - incredible for here. Today it is windy and cold but no snow. Glad you are enjoying the situation -- here's to all of you up there having your power stay ON!

Pat said...

There is something really satisfying about a snow day. Enjoy.

Just Ducky said...

Hope you had a good day. I did cleaning, cooking and reading during my snow day. Happy to be retired and not having to go anywhere yesterday.