Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Woodland

I have been making more blue slabs and cutting more blue triangles.  Really.


 But looking back at my inspiration, I thought, there's a lot of space that's empty, and I am working to fill up all my space with colored triangles.  What if I didn't?


So for grins and giggles I filled up some of the space with white with colored prints triangle slabs. They would have the same black and white side triangles as the rest of the quilt, but having this "empty" space would allow my colors to twinkle, and would suggest the dappled light of a woodland area.

Here are a couple of the white triangle slabs.  Now this could fail dramatically, but I won't know for sure until I try, and I won't even know that until I...

Make. More. Blocks.

(sigh)

And then I'll have to surround them with the black and white side triangles...

And then I'll have to move them around on the design wall...

And then I'll have to add some black and white side triangles to the white slabs and see if the idea works or if I have rocks in my head.

You know what I think, really?

I think it could work.

Because I WANT that empty space to stay empty. And I WANT that unexpected jolt of... Oh, there's nothing there. Oh wait. There IS something there.

Heh.

And because, no I couldn't resist (because I can resist everything but temptation...)


YES!!!

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Decisions and more decisions!!! I would stick with the final 2 photos!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Looking good in that jersey . . . your smile says it all. Now about that quilt top -- keep going. I like where your thinking is heading. And Woodland is/would be an awesome name for a quilt about open wintry sun-dappled space.

Cherie in St Louis said...

One of the greatest Super Bowl games in history by one of the greatest quarterbacks/coaches combo :) You a have a Super Bowl smile...it's electric :)

Lynne Stucke said...

So it was YOU that took Tom's jersey from the Super Bowl locker room????!? Next time I see him, I'm gonna let him know!!!!

Seriously, did you know that someone actually took it? Some people . . . so low....

I think I like where you're going with this design. Keep going!!! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

Millie said...

My jersey is blue. The one that was stolen is white.