Saturday, January 7, 2017

It's the Little Things

This is the cheap humidifier I bought at the drugstore last week. It's fabulous. It's made my breathing a lot more comfortable. I spent four days sacked out on the couch last week. Made it to work on Friday (brought the humidifier with me). I'm not 100%, but I feel a lot better. The weather report says we should expect 1-3 inches of snow this afternoon. I've already done the groceries so I'm set.

My pal Julie wrote about this next gizmo in early December, and I thought it was terrific for use with the Christmas decorations, but wait! Now I've set it up in my sewing studio and instead of going in there and turning on:
1. The iron
2. The light behind the ironing table
3. The light behind my cutting table
4. The floor lamp next to my sewing machine
5. The task lamp next to my sewing machine
6. The little light ON the sewing machine
7. The floor lamp near the small cutting table (that lights up the whole room)
8. The task light on the small cutting table

I just walk in, pick up the little remote, press three buttons and BINGO! Everything is on and ready. (I have some things plugged into power strips, which are then plugged into these special outlets.)

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! You can get this gizmo here.


When I visited my Maryland family last June, Tracey handed me a sweater and asked if it fit. I tried it on, and it did. "It's yours." So I tucked it into my suitcase. It's damn perfect. Fits like a dream, zips up, isn't picky. It's been keeping me warm since the weather got colder. Turns out it's 100% Merino wool, made in Ireland. Fabulous color, goes with everything, and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it. Dunno how Tracey got it (I think she picked it up second hand) but I love it.

My Mother has laid claim to this quilt. She and my son made the decision this past week while she is visiting California. THEY decided! Not me. Made me laugh.

My Nephew, Mother, Granddaughter & Daughter-in-Law.
 It's nice to see them all having fun.

7 comments:

Melody A. said...

Glad you are feeling better, beautiful quilt that your Mom wants, lovely picture of your son and family! and Love the sweater, what a wonderful piece to have, so versatile. from Iowa Take care.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy to see you posting -- and yes, it absolutely IS the little things that make it better.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Glad you are feeling better and taking care of yourself with the humidifier. I see the quilt in process behind the sweater picture. It is a beautiful quilt, so I can easily see why it has been claimed already.

Poppy Q said...

Good to hear your good health is returning. I love the photo of your family at the beach.

Just Ducky said...

Glad you are feeling better. Mum wears a light fleece jacket in the house a lot. Zips up. It was a freebee from Sports Illustrated of all places. Easy on and off depending on how hot or cold she feels.

Pat said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Ann said...

My mother famously wanders through my sewing room laying claim to each quilt she wants. At least they are well loved.