Saturday, December 3, 2016

Holiday Decorating

This is actually a music box, although I never listen to it. What attracted me to this Santa was the classic beauty, the austerity, and his innate charm. It looked handmade. I saw it in a store devoted to music boxes, and he was (at the time) way out of my budget. I went back to the store three times to look at him because I couldn't decide if he was really worth all that money. In the end I put him on lay-away because I had to have him. It's been over ten years, and I am so glad I bought him. He gets compliments every year. My son says it is the ONLY one of my Christmas decorations he wants. Well, he'll have it someday. But not yet.


I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. I love the decorations, the music, the food, and the cookies. I've collected a trove of decorations I use every year, but I always like to make it new.

Yeah, this tent doesn't really "go" with the Holiday decor.

This year I'll be making a new tent for Millie out of Holiday themed fabric (so it will co-ordinate with everything else.) She already has a Christmas themed kitty quilt that I've already swapped out on the plum wing chair in the living room.


 but the pillows on the couch,
certainly don't add any Holiday pizzazz. So when I was at Home Goods recently, looking for a snow globe to replace that one that got damaged in storage, I took home two pillows that just could not stay out of my shopping cart.

 I love this one.

 And I adore this one.

Together with my Red Sticks quilt, these pillows really liven up the charcoal gray sofa.

 Next year I'll have to do something about this little pillow.

And I might need something sparkly for this chair. (That's one of the quilts Julie made for me, Obsolescence).

OK, now I have to get back to decorating. The tree is still -gasp- naked!!




5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love those pillows! I have a new stack of pillow forms waiting for their holiday quilted covers . . . I agree that your Santa is awesome!

Pat said...

Love the new pillows and I love that you love decorating for Christmas. Your Santa music box is wonderful - I'd be listening to it all the time. :D

Louise said...

Those pillows look like the hides of some Dr. Suess animal...are they filled with Who Roast Beast?

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Those pillows!! Absolutely the perfect compliment to the quilt. It's so cool the way a few accent pieces can spark up the decor.
xx, Carol

Anne D. said...

I'm pretty new to reading your blog, so maybe you've mentioned this elsewhere, but is the tepee from a pattern, or did you come up with it yourself?