Saturday, January 23, 2016

I'll Show You Mine...

Here are my sixteen blocks with the busy fabrics on the outside.

Kinda crazy, huh?  Yup, I like them too.

So here are the same 32 fabrics with the "calm" fabrics on the outside.

(Yes, I can hear you all saying... "But Lynne, that acid green Ogee patterned print in the top row of the second photo is hardly what I would describe as a 'calm' print...") It's true. Sometimes the "calm" prints can be a bit noisy. But that's not always a bad thing.

Next up, we are going to cut these suckers apart...

You will need a 6-1/2" wide x 24" cutting ruler. Fortunately, most of you already have one in your studios.  So, make your Square in Square blocks and I'll see you tomorrow for the next step!

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wow - what a feast for the eyes this morning!

Nancy J said...

Wow, they look stunning as they are, this will be superb when cut and fiddled... maybe a better word is rearranged!!! Great choices for every block, even the green one, I love that contrast so much.