Friday, November 28, 2014

The Day After

When I woke up yesterday, Thanksgiving morning, the electricity was out and the temperature inside the house was 57F. The temperature outside was 33F, but it was sunny. As the day wore on, it got cloudy and cold. My sister had power at her house, so the Thanksgiving feast was moved there. A good time was had by all except for one small black and white cat.

When my brother, niece and I drove to my house to get Millie, it was starting to get dark, and the house was 53F. The overnight temperatures were supposed to drop to 22F, and I had no idea how cold the house would get. I was very worried about leaving her alone, so we went to get her.

Millie was not happy to be ambushed and thrown in the crate. I am sure she isn't happy at all to be in my sister's bathroom, even though she has her own litterbox and food. Still, I feel much better knowing she is safe and secure.

I sure do hope I get my electricity back soon. I really want to be in my own home, in my own bed, and sewing in my own studio.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Millie is lucky to have you ...

Pat said...

For sure, there is no place like home, but I'm glad you and Millie had a warm place to go!

Just Ducky said...

Hope your power is back soonest. A cold kitty is not a happy kitty. Millie may not be super happy but better than being cold. Mum says she hopes your pipes don't freeze.

Megan said...

I'm pleased that you and your family had a solution and that you were able to go home and get Millie. She'd thank you if she only understood! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia