Sunday, November 16, 2014

Fall House Top Flimsy is Complete

The Fall House Top quilt flimsy is complete. It's 56" x 110" or so. Here it is on my fully extended dining room table.

Normally a quilt like this would have a border, but this one won't. It already hangs down 8" on all sides, which is enough for a tablecloth without being a pain for the people sitting at the table. When the extra leaves are removed and the drop leafs are lowered, the quilt still looks good.


After Thanksgiving I'll send it to Chris for quilting.

Pat wanted me to take pictures of the Thanksgiving table when it is set. The table will look great. Do you know I have Fiestaware dishes?? (You're not surprised at all, right?)

8 comments:

Megan said...

Fabulous stuff, Lynne.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

sharon said...

Love it do u worry about food spills.

Susan said...

I love it! I have a Christmas quilt that I use for a Christmas tablecloth. I never thought about using one of my fall quilts for Thanksgiving!

Pat said...

I love it and it will look great with Fiesta. I grew up with Fiestaware. :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the quilt top and its story ... Love fiesta ware, too (just don't own any)

Vicki W said...

That was such a great idea for your Thanksgiving aable cover!

carol fun said...

LOVE this! You give me ideas for a tablecloth for my table ... and I'll be setting the table with Fiestaware too! I have at least 14 different colors and I use all of them - happy stitching!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your dining table with your quilt looks superb - love the red chairs!!