Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Closing in on the Fall House Top Blocks

I'm almost finished the Fall House Top blocks.  I've been using the strips I cut, rummaging through the pile on my cutting table.

I've been keeping all the little bits I cut off from the long strips, so I sewed some pieces together to add some variety to the blocks.


Since I've only got six blocks left to finish, I figured I better use these right away.

These need one row on each side to be finished. I've also checked through my stash to find fabrics for the sashing between the blocks and the backing and binding. I think I've got them all worked out, but you know how it is. You never know until you actually put stuff next to each other.

Anyway, I'm getting there and I'm happy.



PS, my quilt, The Black Box, was accepted into the AQS Albuquerque show in January 2015. W00t! 

4 comments:

Hilda said...

That's great Lynne! I'm looking forward to the show in Albuquerque and now I'll get to see yours and Julie's quilt in person!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Woot, indeed - congrats for the Black Box!!!!

Loving your Fall blocks - a lot!!!!!!!

Judy in Michigan said...

It's amazing that while studying your fabrics in the strips, I don't see any that I have...how can that be? So many fabrics that I didn't purchase!!! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the way you've joined the smaller strips into bigger ones. Your blocks are looking so good.