Thursday, June 20, 2013

Letter Class Prep


I'm getting ready for the free-pieced letters class I'm teaching at Quilted Threads on Saturday.

I've gathered my tools, made a list of the quilts I'll be bringing, and updated my slideshow of letter quilts to show my students.

When taught the first class in October 2011, I brought my laptop and a projector with me, so I could show the students photos of letter quilts made by my blogging buddies, Tonya, Tanya, Julie, Brenda, Victoria, and many others. I didn't think anything of it, but the students were wowed, and the other teachers at QT told me they'd have "step up their game." I certainly hadn't meant to show anybody up, but I was very pleased when Becky told me I didn't have to bring a projector to class as the store had purchased one.

Students always have lots of questions, and a projector makes it easy to share the photos on my computer with the class.

6 comments:

Susan R said...

Congratulations Lynne! I've been following you for years and you deserve all the great things that are happening (at last). Your students are in for a treat.

Alice Turcotte said...

Your work is amazing. Wished I lived closer so I could take your class. Alice

Brenda said...

your students should be blown away, since you are very thorough and have lots of examples. which of my quilts are you showing? I know you asked me the first time, but remind me again.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Go, Lynne, GO !!!

Julianne said...

Hi Lynne! I really love this quilt you posted today...I think its so much fun to do the improv letters...I have started a quilt with words of all my favorite things, one day it will be done, until then I will live vicariously through you and your awesome work! Have fun teaching!

Cher said...

love this quilt so much! your talent shines with every quilt you share...lucky lucky students!