Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Violet


Here's the Violet scrap bin.  From the bits in this bin...
I've sewn pieces together into pairs, and then joined those together until...
 I have a piece big enough to sew to one side of the white fabric.


And I keep adding pieces


 Until I get something the right size.
Then I trim it down to about 16" square

This is another block from the "Missing U" quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts.

I am looking forward to making more of these "Missing U" blocks. My little scrap bins are ready and waiting.

4 comments:

Susan R said...

I'm inspired Lynne! Last evening I sorted my scrap bin by color. I'm not sure what will happen next (I have a couple of ideas mulling around in my head) but I actually enjoyed the process.

Thanks for sharing.....

Susan

Quiltdivajulie said...

I pulled out the turquoise and green scrap boxes last night - photos pending!!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Lynne! I made my first attempt at a Gizzy-sized something today! I did a passable job. I'm posting it to my blog today. My mitering needs work. Pointers?
Jessica & Charmee

Lynda said...

Wow! I thought I was fairly organised, but I don't have the room to organise my scraps by colour - wish I did, they look so delectable! (Also the blocks are yummy!)