Friday, May 25, 2012

How-to How-to

Whenever I make a tutorial, the thing that always hangs me up is the step-by-step photos.  It's such a pain in the neck to set it down and take a picture.  Plus, the pictures are never lined up the same way, never lit the same, they're never the same distance from the camera, etc, etc.

Finally I figured it out.  Make a small design board, hold it up at a consistent angle, and mount the camera on a tripod!  After a trip to the local craft store and an investment of less than $20, I'm all set!  I wrapped a piece of foam core with white flannel, and leaned it up against one of those easel mounted picture frames. I already had a small tripod for the camera.

Now I can make something, place it easily on the design board, and take a photo.  Woo hoo! This works like a charm!


5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Simply brilliant . . . good for you!

(love that butterfly, btw)

Jean said...

Great idea! I hung design wall in my kitchen, but still don't use it half the time.

Michelle said...

I'm going to have to try that!

Simply Sandy said...

You're a genius! Mind if I try it?

Michele Bilyeu said...

I've seen photographers with these backgrounds. Dang, I've been too lazy to not try this! Now, I really must. Love that lovely flutteringby, too!