Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do I Have To?

One of the things that happens when you do "something, anything" to dislodge a stuck idea is that you see things in a new light.

Last week when Julie recommended I use my dud letters as "placeholders" in the design of the Black Box quilt, I had no idea I would like what I saw. Now, there's no way I'm going to use these letters like this, but as soon as I put them up, something about their recklessness appealed to me. They reminded me of  the cut up, mismatched letters in ransom notes.

I have decided to include that concept in the letters in the Black Box quilt.  The brilliant "out of the box" letters will stay as they are, but many of the other letters will be mismatched, and made of fabrics that could be described by some as "fugly."  The ambiguous A / E from Monday's post is an example of what I mean.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Big smiles from Tennessee -- happy to see you using the 'reckless' approach!

sawsan said...

Any thing u do will be great
I am watching and following as i could.