Monday, June 27, 2011

Second Thoughts

I wrote about hanging Nine x Nine at Quilted Threads on Saturday night, set it to publish just after midnight, then went to bed. I woke up on Sunday morning, looked at my blog and had second thoughts.

I called my sister. "Can you look at my blog?" I asked. "I think I hung the wrong quilt. I think maybe I should have left the white rules quilt instead of Nine x Nine."

Five minutes later, my phone rang. It was my sister. "Yes."

"Yes what?"



"White Rules. DH and I agree. White Rules Quilt."

So about an hour later, my sister and I were on our way back up to Henniker, where we took Nine x Nine down and hung the White Rules quilt it its place.
It looks really nice. Don't get me wrong. Nine x Nine looked great too, but I felt that out of context, Nine x Nine looked a bit lost. I didn't have that "LOOK AT ME!" quality I felt was needed to attract quilters to want to learn to make free-pieced letters.

You can click the photos to enlarge, and then click again for more detail and to see Becky's fabulous shop!

The Black Rules are on their way to Chris to be quilted. I can't wait to see the two quilts hanging side-by-side!

5 comments:

Helen said...

I think you should have hung them BOTH! That quilt shop looks amazing!

LizA. said...

I love both of them but have to agree, White Rules grabs my attention better.....one of these days I might have to make my own rules quilt.....

Millie said...

geez Helen, I just finished the black flimsy last week! It isn't even quilted yet! Yes, they will hang next to each other in the future!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You made the right call for the quilt to promote a class on letters!

Quilter Kathy said...

Woohoo...I've been there! it looks perfect and I wish I could come to the class!