Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Change of Pace

Sometimes it's nice to make something really simple, where you don't have to do much thinking. I am making a blue Exquisite quilt for a dear friend, who was visiting this past weekend. I brought her to Quilted Threads, where she roamed the store pulling bolts of blue and WOW fabrics for her quilt. She was like a kid in a candy store. We had great fun.

I need 378 4-1/2" white squares. I thought it would be fun to see how big the stack would be. I've another yard of WOW to cut, then I'll measure the stack!

1. The stack is 8" tall
2. The quilt will be about 72" x 84" (183 x 213 cm)
3. Yes, Megan, she is a very dear friend.
4. She paid for all the fabric, and will pay for the quilting.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a large quilt Lynne. I'm glad that she's a "dear" friend!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

Blues and WOWs ... it is going to be fabulous!

And I see Millie's quilt underneath that stack of WOW squares :-)

Helen said...

Thats one big stack of WOW Lynne!

Quilter Kathy said...

I know exactly what you mean...sometimes you just need an easy project to relax with!