Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zing, and Zap

Another flower, or asterisk; kind of amazed how perfectly this came out. It's 3-1/2" across. Tutorial here, courtesy of Sarah, the maker of the incredible quilt I received for DQS7, the one that now hangs in my school-bus yellow bathroom.
Much angst was spent over the last 24 hours whining about a swap partner whose likes and dislikes were so narrow they excluded virtually every piece of fabric in my stash, who indicated preferences of types of quilts I made 30 years ago and have no interest in repeating, and preferences for handwork, like embroidery and applique, which I am physically incapable of doing.

So what am I going to do?

Well, I'm going to listen to one or two things (she likes "blue" - whoopee ding!), ignore the rest (she hates batiks and the color orange), and I am going to make a quilt I love. Because whether we share the same taste or not, she deserves a beautiful quilt.

It just might take her a little while to fall in love with it.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Lynne,
Whatever you decide on will be STUNNING and will be loved by your swap partner. Your work is incredible. Don't stress, just let the creativity flow.........
Trish

Quiltdivajulie said...

Go with the blue ... and then make the quilt your own. If she doesn't like it, she can send it to me!

Molly said...

I saw the bird and the little flower/asterisk and hoped I am your partner but sadly, the rest of your description isn't me. You are very gracious to say "she deserves a beautiful quilt" and I'm betting your quilt to her will be.

Sarah said...

i'm glad you are making a quilt you want to make. it's hard when your partner doesn't seem to have the same tastes. and i think your solution is just the right approach.