Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still no Quilts...

Here are a pair of houses inspired by Kidbean for his little brother's quilt...I'm cleaning my computer room/office. I am going through every item on every shelf, sorting through every drawer and going through every file and piece of paper in there.

Old books are banished, and the library will be the beneficiary. (I am also a member of Paperback Book Swap, and many books will be posted there.) Now that my son is a grown man, I have shredded all the papers relating to the fight for child support from his father. That was liberating.

I work as a Geek during the day, and have managed to accumulate several computer hard drives, USB, PS2 and serial mice, mousepads, gender bender connections, CD's of Operating Systems I no longer use (or care to), defective PDA's, hubs, switches, power cables and other assorted junk. It's all going away. (Yes, I know how to safely erase & dispose the hard drives.)

Old cassette tapes are going, as well as a dozen exercise videos. I no longer have a cassette player and my VCR died years ago.

I've already filled six garbage bags full of shredded paper. It's been the room where everything goes "for now." Well, it's now, and I have no patience for the stuff.

6 comments:

crafty diane said...

I love reading your blog!
Please take a minute and check out my Etsy Store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftydiane
Thank you and have a Blessed Day,
Diane

Quiltdivajulie said...

AMEN to clearing out old/no-longer-useful stuff ... we're on that binge at our house, too!

Sara said...

I agree with that getting rid of old stuff that no longer pertains...

Planning on doing the same this winter - just an hour or two each day...

jovaliquilts said...

It's very liberating to get rid of stuff! Congrats!

pwl said...

I used to drive my DH - another computer geek - nuts when I called those gender benders. LOL Nice to know I'm not the only one. :)

Sue said...

I've just bought a new PC & so far have uninstalled everything I needed to on the old PC. But--I thought there is probably more I need to do to wipe clean the hard drive. Is it simple for you to share instructions on how to accomplish that?